Personnel Problem is the bigger problem ?!
Do you love your job? Not really?
There might be innumerable reasons for you to hate your job but the most vital one amongst them must be the people working there.
Recent surveys have revealed that the job satisfaction has been on a continuous decline from the past few years and the main cause behind that is the lack of proper personnel management and not so good interpersonal relations among the co-workers.
When a new employee joins the company, he expects to encounter huge work responsibilities and work challenges for which he comes prepared and accepts gladly. What takes him aback is the unfavourable behaviour of the fellow staffs!
Unpleasant coworkers are the biggest challenge in any business premises. If your job and work profile is satisfactory and decent but the colleagues are not cooperative then you won’t be able to perform your cent percent and would end up being dissatisfied with your job as well.
It is rightly said – ” Employees could make or break the company !”
Drawbacks of improper people’s management-
- No synergy and sync in working– Employees who lack good interpersonal relations, will not be able to work in sync with each other.
- Lack of trust– Trust is the basic ingredient of big or small relation. Relations minus trust and confidence will end up nowhere. This will also increase the shifting of responsibilities and blame game.
- Feeling of rivalry– Competitive spirit is good and healthy amongst the employees but if there is no cooperation, the feeling of rivalry will automatically crop up.
- Less or no communication– Communication is the essence of any business. However if the workers will communicate less there would be more misunderstandings which will ultimately sink the business.
- Negative work environment– An office is the second home of an employee because he spends his maximum time there and if the ambience is negative and unhealthy it will eventually affect the work.
- Professional and personal growth takes a back seat- If an individual is dissatisfied with his job and most importantly people working there, he can’t grow professionally and his personal growth as an independent individual will also suffer.
Many employees feel dissatisfied with their jobs at some point or the other. Disengagement happens when an employee is dissatisfied. It is the key reason why employees underperform at the workplace. Employees filled with dissatisfaction and disappointment at work will negatively affect the company’s productivity and growth.
People related issues are the most common problems that arise in almost every organisation and they have the huge amount of potential to spoil the work ambience and bring the company from riches to rags.
Hence, conflicts can be subtracted from and managed by the company in the following manner-
- Proper grievance redressal system- There ought to be a proper and chained redressal system where employees can freely register their problems and grievances.
- Efficient and effective HR or leader– A company must possess an efficient team of HRs who are competent in resolving such people related issues. They should also play the role of psychologists if need be.
- Train the immediate line of managers- The company should provide such type of training to the immediate managers so that any trivial issue between their subordinates is solved immediately without hampering the top officials.
- Held an informal session– It sometimes become mandatory to know and involve with your team members informally so as to improve the rapport amongst them, where they can engage and express themselves, their problems and opinions freely. As they say, ‘Talking solves 90% of the misunderstandings’ , there won’t be a need of any sort of action. Maintaining healthy workplace environment is essential for the success of any organisation.
The employees must broaden their horizon and rise above these trivial issues and work as a team for the betterment of both, the company as well as themselves.