The emergence of Mompreneurs
Mothers in India have emerged as a force to cope with every feasible field and are constructing ahead with confidence.
Mothers who are entrepreneurs as well are known as mompreneurs.
In this still believed to be male dominated corporate sector, women have carved a niche for themselves and emerged as successful entrepreneurs. In fact, most of the women who are full time mothers, have written their own success stories as an entrepreneur.
These mompreneurs, as they are called, have not only climbed up the corporate ladder, but also have come up as a winner. These women entrepreneurs are well acquainted with all the corporate ups and downs and work like a boss on their own terms.
They are brimmed with confidence, efficiency, passion, are tremendously hard working and multi-tasker par excellence. Also women have this innate quality of being perfect at balancing the two jobs of taking up family responsibilities and duties and fulfilling work commitments and challenges.
Reasons behind the self-initiated transition-
There are certain reasons due to which women enjoy their double responsibility-
- Passion for creativity- Times have changed and women these days are filled with zest and zeal to work and establish themselves and something of their own in order to live up their passion.
- Prove their worth- Sometimes it becomes necessary for a woman to realise her self worth and prove to to herself and to those who believe that a woman’s place lies only within the boundaries of home.
- Boost self-esteem- It is very important for a woman to realise her self-esteem and working as an entrepreneur boosts her confidence level and make her believe that if she has the power to nurture a life within herself, there is nothing that she cannot do.
- Participate in the growth of economy- Now a days economic growth not only depends on the male entrepreneurs, but also women entrepreneurs are contributing equally to it.
The Indian government is running various loan schemes in order to help and support those women who are keen on initiating their own business. The government had set up Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) in 2013 to help these women. They have multiple branches in the whole country and they provide schemes such as BMB Shringaar for setting up salon and beauty chains, BMB Annapurna for starting any fooding chains and outlets, BMB Parvarish for opening day care centres and many more.
Here are some examples of Mompreneurs who are effortlessly managing both of their duties of being a mother and an entrepreneur at the same time. They are proudly enjoying the title of a mompreneur and striving hard for making the most of it.
- Meena Bindra (BIBA)- The founder of BIBA Apparels started her career back in 1988 when her son was just 7 years old. Today BIBA is a globally renowned brand. Being a mother never pulled back Meena Bindra from doing what she loved.
- Vandana Luthra (VLCC) – VLCC is India’s one the most famous beauty and fitness chain. The journey of VLCC is a remarkable one from a small salon in Delhi to a multi million dollar brand. Vandana Luthra never looked back from them.
- Suchi Mukherjee (Limeroad) – Limeroad is one the trendiest fashion clothing brand online. The owner turned into an entrepreneur after the birth of her second child. By providing with latest fashion technology, Suchi Mukherjee proved that where there is a will, there is a way.
- Shalini Vij (Hang Out)- We are all familiar with this family entertainment centre, Hang Out. Shalini Vij, the owner of the same, owes her success to her sons who are the inspiration behind her business.
All these mompreneurs believe that women can have the best of both worlds, of being a mother and an entrepreneur if the parts are played right. So if you have a dream of becoming an entrepreneur, don’t let anyone or anything cut your wings; just be ready to fly higher.